Home » Audio » Group Build » PP 2A3/6B4G anybody?
Re: PP 2A3/6B4G anybody? [message #31466 is a reply to message #31464] Wed, 23 November 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
2wo is currently offline  2wo
Baron
Absolutely,

As I have said before. I have a quad of NOS 6a5’s and some st70 transformers.

This project is moving up the pipeline.

I kind of, have my heart set, on a two stage amp, with transformer splitting . If I am giving up some potential watts. Well, I see it as problem be addressed later , if need be. On it’s own.

I am playing around (on paper) with a few driver tubes and as whether to do the splitting at the input or after the first stage.

The choice is complicated by the fact that I am a cheep bastard, If I an going to spend a few hundred bucks on a low level transformer, I would like to use it elsewhere if it is not right for this circuit .

But gee wouldn’t it be fun to try it with a pair of Hammond 124’s that I have in stock. I don’t think I could make it fly on a stock ST70 chaise, these little guys, pick a lot of what goes on around them.(noise) . So it goes.

I don’t think I will go with CCS, at least a first cut. That don’t mean that I won’t

I am basically a SET guy (power wise ) looking to expand his horizons.

Now were did I put those 211’s?

But seriously; Douglas I may not use your advise, but I do take it seriously and it may get me thinking in an other direction, Or help some one else. This forum is for am exchange of ideas after all..

What I think I mean to say is you are not posting to a vacuum…John

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: No defamatory or false statements.
Next Topic: phono stage's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 17:57:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout