Home » Audio » Group Build » new additions
ummmm....Wayne? [message #31409 is a reply to message #31408] Sat, 29 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
The modification I did to the peerless S265Q has three taps, and I drew just two of them. It is drawn for the 4E27A where I want to try 'almost-pentode' at 20% U-L connection. It is one of the neat things about those OPTx's, one can use what ever connection sounds best, and experiment with different levels of NFB. I wound the first pair with the stock 50%, and an additional 30% tap, and use 30% for both E-Linear and U-L connection. I wanted more versatility.

I sent Wayne the linestage circuit. I don't have the keys to the projects folder. {anyway, I thought I sent the linestage...I will re-send the proper file if it was my mistake}

Anyway, I am building the 4E27A amp and then I hope to experiment with a cathode driven triode output stage. Likely driven by an E-Linear DH stage....I have 3k, 5k, 8k and 10k a-a:500R output TX's for what will be the main IT coupler in this design. Just need to unwind and remake with E-Linear tapping.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I feel like a murderer
Next Topic: 300B Project, part 4 - The output stage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 02:01:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects