Home » Audio » Group Build » here's a crazy idea....
here's a crazy idea.... [message #31367] Thu, 15 September 2005 20:16 Go to previous message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
why doesn't the group build forum at ART look at and evaluate the Williamson design which is in the public domain. By memory, it might prove to be suitable for the apps that the group has shown some interest in.

Advantages are... it's in the public domain... so no hassles from anyone. Since the design is in the public domain it is easily portable... meaning that company A could make it for you this time.... and if their price went up or they did not want to make it again... you have the design in your hip pocket and can seek out an alternate builder.

And it could become an ART exclusive... not to make money... but to get folks interested in the board and participating.

tell me what you think...

and... before someone asks... I think this design was published in one of the early (1948-49) radio electronics magazine or craftsman or something like that... also... the book published by Audio Amatuer on DTN williamson has the design in it if I recall right. And I even vaguely remember seeing it on the web somewhere....

a good investigator is needed.

Mike

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Re: in additon to other concerns.....
Next Topic: Winding Solutions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:01:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout