Home » Audio » Group Build » Peerless transformers
Re: Peerless transformers [message #31314 is a reply to message #31313] Tue, 13 September 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Hi Wayne:

Trademarks are not required to be federally registered. Common law protects the ownership of trademarks. And if you look at the history of this particular federal registation (if those records are on line) you will note that it was assigned to me by Aletc many years ago. And it remains in constant use by us in interstate commerce.

I don't want to argue law with you or anyone else. I simply wanted to give you and others a heads up that certain goods being represented as Peerless articles are not, in fact, genuine Peerless articles.

I have no problem with Doug or anyone else going into the transformer business but would like it if they used their own name and not tried to ride on our coattails and the good will that we have earned for ourselves over the last 16 years.

When John Atwood designed transformers... he picked a name and built up the reputation of his products based on their own merits not on the coattails of another namesake that he had no rights to. This I respect very much.

The lazy way of marketing is to apparently misappropiate another company's name and their designs to make money, fame, or glory for yourself.

Your free to buy doug's products and wish you well with them...

but PEERLESS they are not.

MSL

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Merlin OPTx:group purchase organization
Next Topic: and this marks to my knowledge...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:56:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio