Home » Audio » Group Build » Amp schematic
Re: Questions [message #30993 is a reply to message #30992] Wed, 16 March 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This one does not drive the cathodes, or even run to grid current. It is a PP DHTetrode design. Cascode input stage. Diff amp/LTP phase inverter which is attached to the finals( 1624's a glass envelope 1619 ) with the E-Linear cicruit. Two stage amp, single B+, and a valve rectified L-C filter. I am shooting at SE 300B power, with sonics which will cause SE300B amps's to undergo a ballistic trajectory flight in the direction of the storage bin.

I am not certain that the cathode drive has merit. Perhaps for a more ocnventional design, but I think I have a bit of research and experimentation to do first. I also think 70W from a pair of E-Linear rigged 813's will be of higher quality than a cathode driven pair of 211's ( not to mention more powerful and lower output Z ). As proof of reasonable potential, I keep comming back to the 813's.

I have heard the arguement that they don't like U-L connection, but I figure if they can survive as triodes, I can run them U-L/E-L

I did favour you with a reply to your note. I am not sure what you meant by 'chat at vintage'...
regards,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message