Home » Audio » Group Build » Going to build Gunevere with you guys...
acquisitions [message #30654 is a reply to message #30652] Wed, 23 February 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
Life is good. I just picked up a piece of old lab equipment. Stuff inside is pretty nice. One eachof LS52 and LS54 UTC Linear Standard OPTx's. 8k a-a to voice coil and beyond. Getting them out ov the pots is going to take a bit of research into the assembly. The one with secondary taps to 500R I think would make an awesome headphone OPTx. They're 20 watts and 20-20 Plus in response( 7 to 50k ? ).

If you think of an amp as a modulated power supply, it makes perfect sense to make the PS as tough and capable as is possible. This sometimes gets into Forklift territory, along with consult your floor loading specification...

I'll say about the OPTx project that it is going well. I am designing a new wind and hope to get Phil at Heyboer making me the first prototype. It's a Tertiary winding design, similar in operation to the big Dynaco A441, but done a bit differently. Something more like a Quad II OPTx in turns ratio. It is about a project and a half out. I can't make up my mind what valve to use with it. Probably 813...that one has got too much potential. Run it gently and take ~60W or so in Class A. Definaltely a winter amp.

'block, just to refresh mymemory, you got the 8039 choke for Guinevere didn't you?
regards,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message