Home » Audio » General » So, what about Digital EQ?
So, what about Digital EQ? [message #3340] Wed, 12 July 2006 14:35 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Ever since Fred and Jim brought up DEQX in the post below, I became very interested in the use of digital equalizer in home system. In addition to the DEQX, Behringers' DEQ2496 comes up a lot on discussion boards.

I've read Jim's throughts on the DEQ2496 vs DEQX. But at almost one tenth of the price of the DEQX, the DEQ2496 is a more realistic option for me.

Question to the group is: is a unit like the DEQ2496 really necessary for home use. On the surface the DEQ has a lot of cool features. Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, RTA, and auto EQ. The thought of using this unit to auto EQ my system to the room seems very appealing. I see great benefits for pro-sound where venue and setup changes every night. But my system and room do not change very often and I would probably end up using the auto EQ feature just once. Would it not be better to manually measure the room, and spend the $300 on a high quality analogue EQ instead?

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message