Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Fender Bassman 10
Fender Bassman 10 [message #27270] Mon, 01 May 2006 22:28 Go to previous message
Frank C is currently offline  Frank C
Esquire
I found a Fender Bassman 10 (CBS) silverface, 50 watt, and I want to rebuild it. I can easily do the cabinetry and tolex stuff but I do need some help. First, I need to get a faceplate, the amp was a high school band amp and has suffered the slings and arrows of more than a few Pete Townshend wannabeees. The sheetmetal has a few crinkles that can be straightened, the strap bolts are tweaked and the big transformer was pushed into the chassis about 3/16". The faceplate is wanked beyond belief, someone tried to tear it off without loosening the jacknuts...

I need a new or at least nonabused faceplate.I looked around on teh web doing the usual searches and came up short... Second, I have read about replacing the paper capacitors- is this necessesary? Third, what is the easiest way to check bias voltage? I assume that the trimpot between the two transformers controls bias (any tricks of the trade?) Fourth, Tubes: I want a clean, clear sound with full even harmonics and a 'sweet crunch': I will be using the amp for keyboards and guitar. What are your favorite cheap combinations. The speakers are stock, but I will probably experiment.

Thanks in advance!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Prosound Shootout 2007
Next Topic: Mesa Boogie Nomad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:06:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio