Home » Audio » Pro Sound » fender vibrolux tubes
fender vibrolux tubes [message #27240] Fri, 03 March 2006 17:08 Go to previous message
dirtcellard is currently offline  dirtcellard
Esquire
My vibrolux seems to have gotten a muddier tone over time. I bought the amp used about ten years ago and have never changed the tubes. The amp is generally in great shape. It has a great low volume sound but gets muddy at mid & high volume. I play different guitars through it - tele, strat, les paul deluxe. Its muddiest with humbuckers.

I would like to be able to get a smooth cleaner overdrive out of the amp cranked without use of a pedal. It seems that it used sound like that when I first got it. I presume that new tubes will be helpful with the overall sound of the amp. But should I replace all tubes at once or only some of them. What types (brands and models) or tubes might be worth checking out? I have been told by a local repairman that he believes "hot" tubes may sound good but can create problems with the amp and that I might want to change all of the tubes at the same time. Suggestions? Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help
Next Topic: OT- Active pickup question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:52:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio