Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Sovtek Mig-100, wiring question.
Sovtek Mig-100, wiring question. [message #27221] Mon, 06 February 2006 20:45 Go to previous message
Jasper Lin is currently offline  Jasper Lin
Esquire
a question about how sovtek mig-100s are wired. i'm looking to set up a full stack, and i've heard varying stories on how this can be done with my head. for those who aren't familiar, the mig-100 (not the 100H, 100U, or 100B...just mig-100) has 3 speaker outs on the back panel: one for 4, 8, and 16 ohms. two gear heads who i both usually trust gave contradicting answers. one said that any of these 3 outputs could be used in conjuction with each other. i.e. i could hook my 16 ohm marshall to the 16 ohm out, and a 8 ohm ampeg v-4 to the 8 ohm out. however, another person told me that these outputs were not designed for this purpose, and using them simulaneously like such would hurt my amp. they said my only real option is to rewire either of the two cabs to have parallel inputs/outputs, and only use one of the speaker outputs on the back of my head.

any one out there have experience with these heads? i've had mine for 2 years and have always dreamt of using a full stack, but only recently acquired a suitable 2nd cab. shoot me a line if you know.

Thanks,

Jasper

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 70's Tweed Twin Reverb ???
Next Topic: Comp driver diaphragm material
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:23:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout