Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Problem with Marshall DSL401
Problem with Marshall DSL401 [message #27000] Sat, 05 March 2005 09:03 Go to previous message
Wes is currently offline  Wes
Esquire
Hello everyone, I am a newbee, first post.

I just bought a used Marshall DSL401 40W tube amp.

Great amp, except one problem. When reverb is on ANY setting other than zero, when switching from either Overdrive channel back to Clean there is this huge volume swell that at first sounds like feedback. It lasts a second or two and ends with a reverb spring type ring. Right away I knew it was a problem with reverb. I turned reverb to zero and switched channels several times (it only happens when going from Overdrive to Clean not the other way around). With reverb on zero there is no problem at all. But even with reverb at 1 I get this big noise. The first time it happened I thought I had the volume on Clean maxed out and was getting feedback. But the noise only lasts about 2 seconds and then the Clean channel was fine.

I am not a technical type at all. I can change tubes and bias an amp but not a whole lot more.

Does anyone here have any idea what would cause this and how to fix it? If it is simple I could do it myself (replace a resistor etc...)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Wes

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Rare Fender Solid State Twin Reverb (1966-71)
Next Topic: On my way to a Nobel Prize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:02:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout