Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Speaker placement
Re: Speaker placement [message #25069 is a reply to message #25068] Mon, 09 April 2007 05:17 Go to previous message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

Hi Randle.

I think the place that works depends on the speaker and the room, and then you get different types of music and different tastes in sound. I have corner horns that work great in the corners. I also have open baffle that wouldn't work well in corners.

I've learned that there is an amazing difference in sound based on speaker positioning in the room. Try moving them back and forth towards the wall which tends to affect bass/ upper balance. Try changing the angle they tow in at for width of soundstage. For centering the stage try left/right balance or shifting the listening seat. Putting the speaker in the corner is likely to raise bass, but depending on the width the speakers are apart may put a "hole" in the middle where the left and right speakers become easy to pick out instead of getting a center sound stage.

Your comfort zone will depend on what you like. The beauty of playing with placement is it just takes the time to try it. If you don't like it, change it back.

Happy experimenting.

Grant.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: rigid foam
Next Topic: Subwoofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 07:27:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations