Home » Audio » Speaker » Suitable tweeters for LA.
Suitable tweeters for LA. [message #24259] Sun, 13 April 2008 19:51 Go to previous message
Armand is currently offline  Armand
Esquire
I am in the process of planning my listening room. After reading Mr. Griffins paper I decided to go for "in-wall" line arrays. Since I am Norwegian (and a patriot I have already bought 24 5" Seas Excel drivers. I am now looking for suitable tweeters. The Bohlender Graebener RD75 seems llike a good choice and would simplify mounting. Or will I run into problems above 12-15kHz ? Is it possible to solve that with an addition of a single supertweeter per array?
Other suggestions of good drivers? NEO 8 ?? Price up to about 1500$. I have planned the tweeter line to be around 120 cm. (50 inches)

I plan to use software based filtering and EQ and a firewire 16 channel DA and lots of Hypex UcD400 amps. I am also playing with the thought of digitally delay the outer drivers in the LA to compesate for propagation delay. Has this been done before? Thoughts?

This was maybe many questions, but I am curious to hear the thoughts of other dedicated line array enthusiasts.

best regards
Armand

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message