Home » Audio » Speaker » FR Measurments of Line Arrays
Dr. Geddes Position [message #22729 is a reply to message #22698] Mon, 18 July 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
Eric

I must admit to being more than a little annoyed by the posts in this section. Normally I find it best just to ignore these kind of comments but since you asked here is my position. And I will be frank.

First lets be clear that I am an expert. I have expertise in virtually ever subject on this web site and in many I have an extreme expertise, in some, I am widely held as the expert. So when I choose to respond it is with an expert opinion, not a novice or an amatuer. This, I would think, would make my responses valuable. I find it annoying when my time is taken for granted and even criticized. This seems foolish to me if not a little disrepectful.

I don't always give a complete answer as the time does not permit (nor does anyone I would presume). Sometimes my answers are brief and I reference other work - not only my own. But, if I were to ask a question and an expert posted aresponse wherby I could find the answer, I would be apreciative. It would make no difference to me what-so-ever who the author of the reference was. What difference could it make? If it is a personal reference does that make it any less useful?

Was I trolling? I have no idea, I am not sure I even know what it means. I responded to a question of mutual interest with a short answer and a relevent reference. To me it was the gentleman who got perturbed because I was playing in HIS sandbox that is really the pathetic one.

These messages always have the author posted. If you don't like my style then don't read my posts. I am not "butting in" simply because the choice to read my post is the readers - no one is forcing them to read it.

These kind of discussions run a very real risk of driving the experts away simple beacuse of these kinds of petty issues. Why should I feel guilty about be an expert? Why should I be criticized for the same?

Earl

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: tweeter horns in the line array?
Next Topic: Opinion on the Fe127e
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 14:36:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout