Home » Audio » Speaker » In over my head! Fostex 206 cabinet
In over my head! Fostex 206 cabinet [message #20827] Thu, 14 April 2005 12:34 Go to previous message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
Hello, I think I jumped to fast when selecting the Fostex 206. After reading more about it, Fostex states that this driver is not best used in a bass reflex cabinet as is what I'm intending to use if for.
I've been trying to read more to understand better the spec's of the driver. I see that Fostex gives an example of how the 206 can be used in a bass reflex cabinet. Their example was a tall 45liter cabinet with the driver up top and port a foot away with a partial
seperator, I'd like to know what the real name for this is, which I guess causes some restriction between the driver and the port. I'm hoping to get my cabinet as close to 45 liters as possible. But what about any internal ribs, restrictors,etc... My cabinet is currently on paper only and approx. 12x27x9 with only two parallel sides.
The cabinet mounts at the foot of my waterbed and the bafel tilts down and in the align the driver to the listener. Any help is greatly appreciated. Most of the drawings I see have the port only a coulpe inches fron the driver in front. Might I be safe to do that even in a 45 liter cabinet? Thanks, Pete

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Some "Gumby" pics
Next Topic: Lone Star Bottle Head Meeting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 19:08:44 CDT 2024