Home » Audio » Speaker » Long term test results for BSC circuit.
Long term test results for BSC circuit. [message #19827] Sun, 29 February 2004 09:03 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, i have lived with the BSC circuit for a week now. I decided to settle for something that makes only a little difference (very subtle) to my hgh Q speakers: values: 2.2 MH and 2.5 ohms.

Before: Lots of midrange, not enough bottom, left unsatisfied, wanted sub woofers to make up for it.
Now: Very satisfying bottom, still enough midrange but not glaringly so, all instruments and voices have very satisfying bass, don't need a subwoofer anymore. I think detail has actually been enhanced, since everything sounds more NATURAL now.

When i was driving my single drivers in "PURE" mord, meaning one driver, no electronics... it was a toy. my main speakers were my klipschorns.
Now, with the supertweeter crossed at about 15 KhZ, and the BSC circuit, I am So satisfed with the single driver speakers, that i listen to them more than my klipschorns...they are more balanced and image a lot better. I still LOVe my khorns though.

In summary, I would STRONGLY recommend the BSC to anyone working with even a high Q driver. For low Q drivers....even more indispensable.

My very profound thanks to Martin for his patience, and his sharing of his ideas with us. It taught me a lot, and saved me the whole subwoofer project. Martin, if we ever meet, lunch is on me!

Hope this post helps others make up their minds about the BSC circuit.

-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Next Audio-thon
Next Topic: What's wrong with your 103E's? Mine have plenty of bass!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 04:45:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio