Home » Audio » Speaker » Design Stage : a 4-way system
Re: Design Stage : a 4-way system [message #19574 is a reply to message #19566] Sat, 04 October 2008 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Scott L is currently offline  Scott L
Chancellor
Hi Norris,

I apologize, a very demanding work schedule has delayed my response to you. Interesting, I had forgotten about the Drew Daniels system, but read it a few years ago; thanks for bringing it back to my attention. To answer some of your questions: the midrange drivers are the aerogel version of the Audax PRO 7 inch drivers; a very rare and now discontinued item. The tweeters are Stage accompany 8535.
I have done some serious thinking, and am going to stick with just two 12 inch drivers per channel for the 60- 250 Hz range. As far as I know, the loading application has not been done before; I call it a reaction cancelling waveguide. For certain, a picture is worth a thousand words, but, it will be many many months before this can happen.... you see, the so-called listening room has not even been purchased yet!! I found one that might work, but it's a built in 1955 home, and have yet to learn the details of how updated all things interior might be. The 12 inch drivers will be the Emminence
Definimax 4012HO. Thanks for your interest.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BMS 2193 horn?
Next Topic: Help with crossover: Bipole surround speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 22 09:38:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects