Home » Audio » Speaker » ?Horn Questions?
Re: CD horns [message #19092 is a reply to message #19090] Fri, 09 February 2007 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
Unfortunately, boundary loading won't be an option, which brings me back to the problem of depth vs. horizontal expansion. That's why I brought up the dual-angle midbass horns. The transition from one coverage angle to the next is almost exactly halfway down the horn, not near the mouth (although you did answer a future question). I found a third midhorn designed that way, on the Speakerstore.nl site. Are these horns a variation of a conical design? If so, this could solve my depth problem (even if it creates others).

I've bookmarked your link to room corner characteristics. It's valuable information to non-techies like myself! I've done as such with several of your posts, Wayne!

The reason why I haven't yet shared this design is because I want to make sure that the forum isn't designing it for me. I'll post an outline of it for reviews and guffaws when I'm done tweaking on paper!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Array Enclosure Plans ie Northcreek Designs
Next Topic: ?Horn Questions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 22:10:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects