Home » Audio » Speaker » ?Horn Questions?
Re: Pattern control and mouth size [message #19091 is a reply to message #19089] Fri, 09 February 2007 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Cuppa Joe is currently offline  Cuppa Joe
Viscount
Just for clarification, does the 1/4 WL distance refer to the center-to-center spacing of the horn mouths? I wasn't completely clear about that aspect of the Pat Brown article. I've skimmed that article before and I have it bookmarked for future reference. Very depressing! The 1/4 WL restriction for proper coupling is difficult to achieve without violating some patent or copyright (Danley's unity horns, etc.). The "dense interference" technique is my weapon of choice for the vertical HF section in one of my design ideas.

Whatever happened to the more relaxed, full-wavelength coupling criteria of the V-DOSC? Does it only apply to direct radiators arranged and spaced a la Christian Heil? Back then, the thinking seemed to be that direct radiators were meant for coupling and horns were meant for segregation when coupling was no longer feasible.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message