Home » Audio » Speaker » New Pic & Observations
New Pic & Observations [message #17998] Fri, 24 June 2005 16:16 Go to previous message
zincman is currently offline  zincman
Baron
Well after a little paint and made up some port covers the A7 cabs are starting to look a little better. As for the sound I am still blown away. I should say I am not a technical expert in audio and could not tell you what is rolling where and at what db, but as a 30 plus year audio lover I can tell you how it sounds to me.
OBSERVATION 1: My CD collection is horrible for crtical listenting and all CD's are not equal. Great speakers really nail down shortfalls elsewhere and many CD I thought sounded pretty good with other setups really sound like crap. So any suggestions for Jazz, Vocals, let me know.
OBSERVATION 2: The Altec 416-16 is a wonderful speaker. Solid bass you can feel in your gut, hard to get out of most speakers.
OBSERVATION 3: 802/811 horn combo has very lush mids and highs.
Horns(SAX) in my house have never sounded better. Ron AKA Sprkman57 is going to do some horn swapping and assures me he has an even better set up, CAN'T Wait
OBSERVATION 4: The A7 can in my modest opinion be almost overwhelming. I have so much sound in my room it is incredible.
OBSERVATION 5: I can't imagine listening to anything else, at least right now this set up is the best I have ever owned and would take a lot to change my mind about the Altec sound.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message