Home » Audio » Speaker » Wharfedale D-60E
Wharfedale D-60E [message #15274] Fri, 23 June 2006 08:42 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I picked up a pair the other day and after dusting them off and adding a generous coat of Lemon Oil they look presentable. They still need refinishing someday but at least for now they don't look so bedraggled. I need to find a badge as one is missing.

When I listened to them I noticed they have a real good midrange and that's all. I'm quite sure that my impression is colored by having listened to my speakers for so long. I doubt I would be a very objective reviewer They are the first 3 way system I've ever owned and the odd thing is compared to KLH 17's these have a West Coast sound which is odd because they're both acoustic suspension Like I say maybe it's me.

The tweeters have some sort of plastic ball I presume is to diffuse the sound radially? Anyway, they must be crossed over pretty high as they don't add much.

If anyone owned a pair when they were new I'd be interested in your take on them. These are quite pleasant to listen to. Not harsh or overwhelming.

I also was wondering if the rubber surrounds have hardened and that's why the lack of bass? I would have thought there would be more pronounced bass with these. Anyway, that's about all I know about them so far

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ESG1 Can I use it for an array?
Next Topic: Spades for Heresy speaker connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 16:08:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout