Home » Audio » Speaker » White Van
Re: White Van [message #14862 is a reply to message #14851] Sun, 09 January 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
I have a friend who was in a shopping center (or somewhere - this happened ten years or so ago, so the story is a little fuzzy) and these guys in a van got his attention. The story was something like they were supposed to pick up six, but there were twelve there, so they were selling the other six for a song. They were 12" "Acoustic Response" speakers, if I remember correctly - a takeoff of AR speakers. He bought two for $150 each.

He proudly showed them to me and tried to sell them to me at a profit. They sounded ok in his living room, but I had no need for them, as I was interested in a little higher-end speakers if I ever needed to replace mine. At the time I did not know about "White Van" scams - only last year did I first see the term, but this was a White Van scam for sure!!

He does not have room in his living room for a couple of 12" speakers, so they have sat in a box somewhere since then.

He is a very intelligent, but technically-challenged, individual. So even high IQ people can fall for the great "good deal" offered by talented White Van artists.

I have never told him about White Van scams. Maybe I should let the smart-ass (he is, too - we both are!) know that he was suckered.

Heh, heh, heh...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message