Home » Audio » Speaker » Baffle step compensation
Baffle step compensation [message #14495] Thu, 29 January 2004 17:20 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You all know that when I approach a technical subject there's going to be trouble...............
I followed the link 'cause this guy Murphy make sense with his PeeCreek and other designs. Even if they are what my late, lamented music teacher would call "pea-shooters"(he was speaking of 1/2" bores with 7" bells). Also 'cause on the 'Full Range Forum' and Madisound and others they treat baffle step compensation as something any nitwit does as a matter of course.
So if my speakers are out in the room I need to do this BSCT (baffle step comp thang)?
But what if my speaks are against a wall, 1/4 space or against a wall and another wall, 1/8 space?
Or what if I place the tweeter so that it is equidistant to only 2 edges? Gotcha there, huh Dennis?
I assume that horns have a very different effect than cones or domes. But I'm interested because I am about to build a sort of 2 Pi Alpha 10 but with this Audax tweeter:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=276-152&scqty=4
So I'm interested in crossover ideas and whether this BSCT is necessary, if I should place the tweeter off axis from the woofer or even if this is a good idea at all. The Audax, BTW, if any good, is really cheap at $11.25.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Paudio large woofers..
Next Topic: Horn subwoofer in a car
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:13:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers