Home » Audio » Source » EAC Question
Re: EAC Question [message #14422 is a reply to message #14421] Thu, 13 September 2007 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can create a compilation CD using Windows Media Player, but I've found even using Windows Media Audio lossless compression (the highest quality option for the Windows Media player) there's a very audible loss of dynamics. EAC, in contrast, makes a copy that's at least as good and probably better than the original CD, but I've only been able to copy entire CD's and not individual tracks.

I'm looking for an option that will enable me to create a high quality compilation disk for use as a reference CD for the Houston Audio Society to use when we compard components in our meetings. Most of the commercial CD copy software I see proudly advertises how crappy their software is at reproducing the full fidelity of a CD. They don't state it that way - they advertise how much their software can compress a file and how it can quickly rip a CD at 48X speed, which to me is the same thing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Minidisks?
Next Topic: converting any files...
Goto Forum: