Home » Audio » Source » HD Radio
HD Radio [message #14363] Thu, 21 December 2006 03:27 Go to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Our local NPR station, KUHF (which happens to be the only station in America's very sophisticated 4th largest city broadcasting classical music), had been promoting their new digital HD signal. I started a thread about HD radio on the Houston Audio Society web site and found that one of our members has researched the availability of HD tuners and the quality of the signal. His post on this topic can be seen at the link below.

At least one other member, who subscribes to both satellite signals, tells us he will stick with satellite in spite of the poor signal quality because of the programming divrsity and the fact that the announcers are less inclined to talk over the music, as with our local jazz station. But he listens mostly in his 350Z and not on his $25K home system, so the signal quality doesn't matter so much anyway.

That Sangen tuner looks very attractive at $200, and it just happens that my father sent me Christmas card with two $100 bills in it. I believe I'll stop by Fry's today.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message