Home » Audio » Source » All done now
Re: All done now [message #14357 is a reply to message #14356] Tue, 05 December 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I haven't yet Wayne. I'm kind of in a state of flux here. I bought a newer preamp (C-31V) and I'm sort of waiting for it to get here and then decide what the final setup will consist of. I will try it for sure. One problem is rack space. The shelves are too close together to get two components on the same shelf. Only when one is ultra thin like the Rane AC-22 can I do it.

To my ears the Sony 222ES with the DAC sounds almost as good as the 707 alone.

I don't know what to do about vinyl. My records are pretty noisy and my TT isn't anything to write home about. I'll hook it up to the newer preamp and see if the phono stage makes any difference in noise level. I just don't want to start another drain by buying new TT and records. I have a Nitty Gritty cleaning machine but the pops, clicks and such are still too distracting to me.

I'm still surprised at myself for buying a newer preamp After all I've had the C-26 since 1971. Seems almost a little late in the game to be changing now

Have a great holiday season.

Mike

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Roberts 770 not keeping speed
Next Topic: Denon DP-300F