Home » Audio » Source » Turntable doesn't spin at right speed. Help!
Turntable doesn't spin at right speed. Help! [message #13735] Tue, 16 December 2008 13:41 Go to previous message
Katrina is currently offline  Katrina
Esquire
Hi,
I'm 20 years old and I just started collected Vinyl. I decided to buy a used turntable from ebay because I wanted to see how interested I got in vinyl before I spend a lot of money on a good turntable. I am a beginner in every aspect so I bought a 300t classroom tutorette by audiotronics that is all transistor and figured as I got more advanced I'd go from there. It's the kind that is portable with the speakers all in one. When I first got the it it worked fine. Definitely perfect for a beginner. However one night when I went to listen to some records it stopped spinning. I took it apart to see what could be wrong and then all of a sudden it started spinning again. Now however when I go to listen to a record it doesn't always spin at the right speed. I have to listen to a 33's at 45 rpms but sometimes even it'll be too slow and then some days it'll work just fine. I know its a cheap turntable so I figured I'd have some problems and I want to try and fix it myself but I have no idea what could be the problem. I'm not too familiar with electronic lingo so if someone could help me in the simplest way that would be amazing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can anyone help me out
Next Topic: Garrard 42 Turntable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 23:06:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio