Home » Audio » Source » Marantz SLT 12
Re: Marantz SLT 12 [message #13543 is a reply to message #13421] Tue, 16 October 2007 16:07 Go to previous message
Flatlander is currently offline  Flatlander
Esquire
The service manual says that the ball bearing for the SLT12 is .281"
It also says that the bearing well should have about 3/4cc of"Moly Spindle Oil No. 95" from Allube Corporation of America.

I did a google search. Apparently, Allube no longer exists.

I'm thinking about using ISO 22 Moly Spindle Oil from Schaeffer at www.schaefferoil.com.

I ordered a service (repair) manual from Radio Era Archives in Dallas Texas. I also ordered an owners manual from Audio Classics.

The cartridge in the SLT 12 is a Shure V15II. Stylus for this cartridge may be ordered fron Jico in Japan (www.export-japan.com). They also sell a hyper-elliptical stylus for the V15II. I think I may use their stylus rather than trying to wrest the current cartridge free from the headshell. I do not think it will come off without damage.

I don't know what harm the magnet in the arm housing would cause. I plan to get my turntable up and running, then try the turntable with and without the housing to see whether I am able to hear the difference.

Good Luck

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Where to get
Next Topic: Technics SL-220 Very low volume output!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 00:19:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio