Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My 4 Pi Build
Re: My 4 Pi Build [message #96995 is a reply to message #96988] Sun, 17 September 2023 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Unity_Coupled is currently offline  Unity_Coupled
Chancellor
It might be a little early in the project, but I've been mulling over finishing options while I wait for the silicone to cure on the crossovers. I always liked the mid-century modern aesthetic of vintage Dynaco and A.R. speakers with light-colored grilles, and I'd like to try and emulate that in the Pis.

The cabinets will be constructed with MDF...I'm thinking I'll veneer them in quarter-sawn American Walnut, which will then be oiled and rubbed into a satin finish. Baffles will be doubled and painted black.

Grille cloth will be stretched over frames that will attach to the fronts of the cabinets with velcro. I've found a couple fabrics that I think would look the part.

Here's one: https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/speaker-cloth-foam/grille-cloth/designer-architect-cloth/gc-144-off-white-speaker-fabric/

Here's another ("swan" color): https://shop.guilfordofmaine.com/acoustic-fabric/intermix/

Finally, I'm hoping to take it the whole 3.14 yards and produce a couple of "π" badges that will mount to the grille fronts.

Here's a render depicting how I hope these will end up looking...

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3355&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message