Home » xyzzy » Tower » Space is the place
Re: Space is the place [message #96892 is a reply to message #96890] Sat, 05 August 2023 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, been of that ilk as well. I also really liked some of the various video series from years gone by. Carl Sagan for one. I have the disks of it and watch them from time to time. Some say he was horrible to work with...but the disks are really thought provoking. I don't expect to see men on Mars (I'm three weeks shy of 77), but it is possible as things are moving along rather rapidly now. NASA might not do it, but Space X might. I have a huge collection of Sci-fi paperbacks...likely 4000 that I read on occasion (I do read a lot). Many go back to the early days. Folks had imagination then. They still provide insight on possibilities for where we are going provided we don't blast ourselves into dust. Some have been prophetic. Another venue I really liked was seeing Space Oddessy 2001 in surround. Extraordinary. Even in two dimensions it is really well done and makes one think.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Beeping smoke detectors
Next Topic: How does darkness impact mental health and well-being?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 20:58:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio