Home » Audio » General » Design Mistakes
Re: Design Mistakes [message #96510 is a reply to message #96508] Mon, 13 March 2023 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I suppose it is many factors at work. One thing I run into all the time is that few folks really understand how things work and the consequences of how components are used. I hear it all the time in diy projects. I applaud anyone who wants to build things...but have misgivings about them being sort of plug and play builds. No understanding of how the thing works. Another thing I run into regularly is the "simulation" view. The individual will say either the sim said it would work (but didn't) or said the sim said it wouldn't work (and it does). Again no real understanding of how things work, component tolerances, necessary safety factors, and often really no understanding of what a particular component does. From the link it is clear that there are similar issues in commercial gear as well. I find it inexcusable to get capacitors in backwards, diodes that are not rated to handle the voltages, and marketing folks changing stuff for cost (or any other reason) that might have been well designed.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message