Home » Audio » General » Tonality of solid-core copper vs tinned copper speaker cables
Re: Tonality of solid-core copper vs tinned copper speaker cables [message #96464 is a reply to message #96459] Sat, 04 March 2023 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kasperbergholt is currently offline  kasperbergholt
Baron
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 02 March 2023 19:43
Hi I am generally with Rusty on this....there are a number of types and constructions of wire that sound bad. But I find that multi strand copper wires of sufficient gauge all seem quite similar. I find that ones too thin can be a problem so all of mine are 14 and 12 gauge. I consider it possible that the actual speakers and amps could be involved and tend to sound better with certain variations than others. My speaker - amp combination does not seem too care much as long as the lengths (under 2 meters) and gauge are sufficient. I use Martin Logan ESLs with some of my personally tweaked Oddblocks in a class A U/L mode at optimum settings. Other folks may have different results and varying thoughts.

Thank you for the reply, gofar99. To my ears multi-stranded copper wires of around the same AWG sound the same too when they're made with plastic.

But solid-core and tinned copper sounds different - and better.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Christmas Goodies
Next Topic: Trusted testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 09:34:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects