Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Multisubs for pi7 (Really want hornsubs, but pi12 footprint doesn't fit my needs.)
Multisubs for pi7 [message #96287] Sat, 21 January 2023 12:30 Go to previous message
panduro is currently offline  panduro
Baron
Hello Wayne and other cool People.

Having lived with my pi7 speakers for a while now, im still loving Them. im starting to ponder about my future multi sub plans.

I keep Reading online in different places, that alot recommend horn subs for speakers like la scalas, klipshhorns and such. Basicly what i gather from those subjective opinions is that horn Subs just match better in Sound with horn speakers and integrates better/easier than using sealed or reflex subs..

I have been Reading Old subwoofer threads here, which have lead me to some questions.

What do you Think, does horn subwoofers do better than sealed subs?
Im know that better is a very Big generalization. My focus is 2 Channel music. Every genre...
Looking for clean output to 30hz, but not needing concert level soundpressure. Eq and House curves are used in my system.

In a post by Wayne he writes that tapped or truncated horns is not the Way to go if going for low distortion. I dont understand what truncated horn is. Could some kind soul explain it to a complete noob Smile.

At some point there Will be either 4 identical sealed subs or 4 horn subs, although in my room it Will have to be 2 identical horn subs for front, and 2 identical horn subs for rear.

As far as i understand, if using non identical horn subs, they should be of same type and they should be as similar as possible in horn lenght to keep phase similar and make integration easier.

I need other dimensions than your pi12 hornsubs has, so im searching the web for other horn sub designs that comes with a plans and a bit of "credit".

Seems like most diy hornsubs designs are tapped horns.

Lilmikes designs seems to get good reviews although i Think its only his f20 that isnt a tapped horn, but sadly the fotoprint of the f20 also makes that impossible.

Then there is Bill fitzmaurice many horn sub designs, within his design range i could easily find what would fit.
When i read he gets both rave and shiite rewievs. As i dont know or understand horn design i have a hard time judging
What im looking at. Good/bad things about his design?

Have pispeakers made other horn subs in the past?

Best regards

Ben

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plans for 7 Pi and 4 PI Please
Next Topic: JBL 2226 repair
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:38:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations