Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2023
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96751 is a reply to message #96216] Sat, 03 June 2023 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, it's hard to sit here and think about all the fun at the show goin' on today.

Part of me wants to send text messages to the guys there, but I know they're busy, busy, busy. Not a single minute to spare. Room is filled with friends and fun. And great sound.

One minute, there's a guy or two, quietly listening to a CD or vinyl record album. The door is shut, just slightly cracked open by the door stop, but closed to keep the atrium sounds out. The host sits to the side, guests on the couch in the center. Beautiful music, just gorgeous.

Then a few minutes later, in comes a new visitor, drink in hand. And just as he gets settled, a couple wanders in. The husband is an audiophile, and has been to a few of these shows. He knows what they're all about. The wife, less so. But she has great ears, and silently notices just how wonderful it sounds. She doesn't engage with the host like her husband does, but when she gets home later, she will mention how great the sound was in the rooms. She grows a little more tolerant of husband's hobby and agrees that he should get that new piece of equipment he's been talking about getting for their home system.

They had come into the room halfway through the song, and initially stood behind the couch. But once the song is over, the first guests leave so the couple sits in their place on the couch. The new guests start asking questions of the host, and the room becomes more a technical discussion than a demo room. After a minute or two, the host realizes he needs to put on some new material, and queues up a song...

So, yeah, I won't bug my buddies with text messages asking how things are going. I know how they are going. https://audioroundtable.com/images/lil_smiley.gif

But I'm anxious to hear from them, and to see pics. We'll have those uploaded in a day or two.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message