Home » xyzzy » Tower » Why do appliances fail at bad times
Re: Why do appliances fail at bad times [message #96043 is a reply to message #96042] Wed, 05 October 2022 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
We had a Maytag washer and dryer that lasted 40 years (bought used). The washer finally died. We replaced it with ones by LG and now have close to 12 years on them. No issues (knock on wood) to date. On the saga of the fridge...the parts were actually available. It is actually 18 years old and both parts cost just over $100. Funny thing is no appliance shop had them or could (or was willing to) get them. Amazon had them and delivered them in one day. They might not be well liked, but they can be a life saver. Now to install them. If the parts do the job (quite likely) then I saved at least $200 for a service call and parts. Next in the failure que is the dishwasher. I already replaced that a few years back. This is the third one. I design my audio gear for a 50 year life span with the exception of the tubes, those I want 10K hours for power tubes and forever on small signal ones. My earliest tube designs are from 2008 (I did a lot of electronics before that, but not design) and to date have had only one tube fail. It was within about 10 hours of use....defective for sure. I still use the Blue Glass JJ KT88s that were in the very first amp. They test and sound fine. I used them in the recent build called the Cranberry for an article in Audio Express. The blue tubes on the reddish chassis with blue transformers looks sharp. Cool

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Rotary dial cell phone (kit)
Next Topic: Future of blu-ray player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:02:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout