Home » Audio » Source » Belden 8402 cable between turntable & RIAA
Re: Belden 8402 cable between turntable & RIAA [message #95851 is a reply to message #95850] Fri, 22 July 2022 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have used a number of different cables and presently I am using Belden 8412 on one turntable (Grado Sonata II cartridge) with the conductors used as balanced mode with the shield only at one end. On the other main turntable I am using Mogami 2534 with the two pairs connected together in a balanced mode going from a Dynavector Karat23MR-RS to the SUTs with only one end of the shield connected to ground. Each arrangement uses two cables from the cartridge to preamp or SUT. I get great sound and no noise from this arrangement. When I used single core cables I always had some hum and noise. Then again I am quite picky about hum and noise and anything that degrades it is unacceptable. Mogami 2552 was nearly as good as the 2534. BTW the Belden is a PITA to work with and get clean terminations because of the fluffy internal insulation.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cassettes
Next Topic: Repairing old CDs and DVDs
Goto Forum: