Home » Audio » Measurement » PC SCOPE Concept
Re: PC SCOPE Concept [message #96554 is a reply to message #96552] Sat, 25 March 2023 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yeah it was a bummer. However I was able to reuse the I7 CPU, video card (a high end Nvidia), the 32 gig of ram, and SSD. The mother board and power supply were toast and the case would not fit a standard board. So with a new Supermicro MB, new case and PS it is back to duty in my stereo system. Overkill for sure. My replacement main PC is a HP OMEN. I7, 32g, Nvidia, twin SSD. Hopefully it will last for a long time. For testing I use (as noted in an earlier post) a micro PC. It is a Celeron with 4gig and 128SSD. They are cheap (in the $100-150 range) and it runs WIN 10 pro just fine. I feed a monitor that does double duty as a TV in the shop and PC monitor. It will auto switch depending on which I want to use. This way my main PC is completely isolated from the test gear. If something goes wrong there most likely it will only mean a replacement of the mini (they are not really serviceable).

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article
Next Topic: Complaining neighbors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 02:30:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations