Home » xyzzy » Tower » 14 Years
Re: 14 Years [message #95624 is a reply to message #95623] Sat, 14 May 2022 16:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's awesome, Bruce!

To tell the truth, I really like it when I'm in that mode. I strive for it.

I like it when I have brought a project to completion and feel that it is perfect.

Many thing in my life are just that way. Right now, all models of my loudspeaker line are in that state. I wouldn't change a thing. And probably the only changes would be if a driver in one of the models becomes unavailable, in which case I'd have to resource a driver, which means testing a lot of 'em and going back into a design/test cycle to optimize the design for the new part. I'm crossing my fingers that this weirdo "supply-line problem" doesn't cause that. Right now things just run slowly, and hopefully none of the vendors will go tits-up as a result.

But I do have a couple of cars that I'm working on. One is a 1968 Impala, which is nearly complete at the paint shop. I have a motor on the stand that I build for it. Next it goes to the upholstery shop and then I need to do suspension work. Eventually I'll install the motor I built and maybe upgrade the rear-end to handle the extra power. So that's in flux.

And my daily driver - a Cutlass with a big block - is needing an engine rebuild. It still runs, but it has a little blow-by and it's time to rebuild. It has lasted way longer than any other iterations of that engine has lasted, so I'm pleased with it. It's a configuration that works reliably for a long time. But it's still time to pull it out and go through it.

No rest for the ornery.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PCs Ugh
Next Topic: Memorial Day
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:43:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio