Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cornerhorns - what corners are "good enough"?
Cornerhorns - what corners are "good enough"? [message #95426] Wed, 23 March 2022 16:12 Go to previous message
rvsixer is currently offline  rvsixer
Baron
I've had 3pi components collected for years now, but have kept putting off building them. Reason being knowing I would be moving at some point, and always wanting to try 6pi cornerhorns if a room in the new house supported them.

Well, we are closing on a house next week. One corner of my intended room has a perfect corner, the other not so perfect (side wall with a window, see attached layout/pics, 9' ceiling btw).

On this and other pages I have seen Pi cornerhorns with a side wall being a curtain (unknown what's behind the fabric), a side wall that only come out 3-4ft instead of the suggested 6' minimum, a side wall that is not full but knee height, etc.

I believe the room corner is the horn for the bass bin, yes (mid and compression driver having their own horns)? So how much side wall height is enough?

I'm certainly willing to do non-destructive room mods as necessary (i.e. the wood molding at the bottom sill stays). I could make a flush drywall "plug" to cover up the left-half of the window (making the side wall about 5 1/2 ft long, and retaining the right half of the window for light/ventilation). Worst case if necessary I could plug the entire window, would REALLY hate to lose the light/ventilation, but one does what one must Evil or Very Mad .

Or are 3pi's with flanking subs a better/safer bet in this situation? I have no problem with that as I have four low distortion subs with individual DSP already, no problem configuring two of them as stereo flanking subs in addition to modal smoothing duty.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3025&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3026&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3027&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3028&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message