Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What DAC are you using?
What DAC are you using? [message #94869] Tue, 07 December 2021 07:55 Go to previous message
alexg is currently offline  alexg
Chancellor
Hi,

Still chipping away at my Four Pi build. I actually had a chance to get into my shop and mess around with my router and DIY Router guide. After a few test runs, think I have a solid plan for recessing the wave guides. Unfortunately, basketball season has begun and due to a shortage of coaches I am now signed up to coach my oldest son's 3rd & 4th grade team as well as my younger son's 1st & 2nd grade team. So, a completed pair of Four Pi Speakers are not in my immediate future.

I am in the market for a new DAC. Just curious what people are using in their Pi set ups and if anyone has a solid DAC recommendation for me?

Does anyone have experience with the Denafrips Ares II? What about one of the Topping or SMSL offerings?

My current DAC is a small unit from a company called HiFiMeDIY that uses a Sabre 9018 Chip. It is USB powered from my computer. I am looking to upgrade to something that has balanced outputs and its own internal power supply.

Thanks,
Alex

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi7 external xover with speakon connectors
Next Topic: Three Pi Sub Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:27:01 CDT 2024