Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Dune
Dune [message #94711] Fri, 29 October 2021 11:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Kelly and I went to see Dune this weekend with some friends. One of the friends was an avid Dune fan, having read all the books. Kelly had seen the 1984 version of the movie and was familiar with the characters and the plot. The others were like me, unfamiliar with the story. So we had a mix of expectations.

I must admit that I tried to watch the 1984 movie when it came out, and it was just too cheesy for me. Too slow-paced too. It was like watching a black-and-white "Flash Gordon" in slow motion. So I probably only saw a few minutes of the film and could only tell you it was set on a desert planet.

So for me, the bar was set pretty low and I expected the modern movie would probably be much better.

Now having explained the mental environment I had going into the movie, I must say I was more than pleasantly surprised by the movie. I thought it was fantastic, and I am now a huge Dune fan. Can't wait to see the sequel, and I hope the studios expand upon it to cover all the various plot spin-offs I'm told are in the books.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2903&private=0
  • Attachment: Dune_2021.jpg
    (Size: 112.11KB, Downloaded 270 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bill Evans: Japanese edition of 'Paris Concert Two' (1981)
Next Topic: best music I found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:04:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout