Home » Audio » Radio » Digital Streaming Radios
Re: Digital Streaming Radios [message #94543 is a reply to message #94540] Sat, 02 October 2021 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm so with you on that, Barry. I often remark how newer devices tend to sacrifice reliability for features. It's like people these days are OK with phones that drop-out in the middle of calls or lose the connection entirely. Lose power in your home and your land line stops working. But that's OK, use the cell. Hopefully it will work, and not drop-out too.

Fifty years ago, people in the USA were accustomed to having a phone network that almost never went down. It was the most reliable network I've ever seen.

Now days, phones suck. But you can play games on 'em. Provided the download works.

Same seems to be true of almost every other consumer digital electronics product.

Don't get me wrong - I love all the new tech - it's just that I'm amazed how unreliable some stuff is. As an engineer, I never sacrifice quality and reliability for added features. Add the features but keep the reliability or re-think the features and don't introduce them until they can be made robust.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Discovered any new podcasts?
Next Topic: Ever win anything?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:21:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout