Home » Audio » Radio » Digital Streaming Radios
Re: Digital Streaming Radios [message #94539 is a reply to message #94524] Fri, 01 October 2021 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I was thinking about our discussion last night, and it occurred to me that your point dovetails and highlights my point. Your comments suggest a viable solution, and I guess that's what surprises me most about these internet radio manufacturers: Why don't they embrace that approach instead of making and selling products that are so vulnerable to obsolescence?

Maybe I should make one. I tend to use development systems like the Raspberry Pi solely for proof-of-concept, and once a design starts to materialize, I trim down to the processor, memory and I/O needed. So I wouldn't probably use an off-the-shelf development system and instead would have boards made with the specific subsystems and components desired.

But honestly, I have my hands pretty full. I make specialized devices and equipment for large companies and it keeps me busy. My customers order way more devices than I would ever sell to a consumer market, so I tend to keep audio as a side-business/hobby. Probably means I won't end up doing this. But after seeing the way Grace Digital has gone, I definitely do think about it. I think there's a market for it.

Hey - speakin' of the Raspberry Pi - have you downloaded my little Jinx text adventure game for the Raspberry Pi? If you haven't seen the post, give it a gander. I think it's worth a few minutes typing, just for fun. Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Discovered any new podcasts?
Next Topic: Ever win anything?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:50:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout