Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi - alternate compression driver mounting?
Re: 4Pi - alternate compression driver mounting? [message #95141 is a reply to message #94478] Thu, 27 January 2022 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
areohbe is currently offline  areohbe
Chancellor
Wayne - I'm sorry but I have a few quite a few questions about proper measurement technique...

I've dug through the forums and found answers to some but not all of my questions. So here we go...

How "wide open" of an area do you need be in to reap the benefits of testing outside? I'd imagine this depends if your testing with speaker laid on its back or upright?

The performance measurement page indicates the mic should be placed 10 feet from the front baffle. Does this differ depending on the measurement device or any other variables? I am using a UMIK-1.

How important is the quality/type of amp used?

The measurement page says a drive voltage of 8.2vrms was used. Do I need to measure my amp's vrms? Or is this not relevant if I am sending a signal from REW out of my laptop into the amp? (I feel really dumb for asking... does it matter what level the "bass" and "treble" gains are set at?)

Related to vrms, do I need to worry about this "Calibrate Level" setting in REW?
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2993&private=0

Thanks in advance, Wayne. Really appreciate the care and energy you put in here.

Here's a pic from some preliminary tests the other night. I'm a bit bashful to share my results until I know I am doing everything correctly. Sad

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2994&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message