Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi Speakers - Are My Tweeters Wired Incorrectly?
4pi Speakers - Are My Tweeters Wired Incorrectly? [message #94457] Sun, 19 September 2021 10:04 Go to previous message
javaught is currently offline  javaught
Esquire
I have had my 4pi speakers for a few years now, but recently I came by a Dayton measurement microphone and decided to do some testing. To me the SPL looks good. One thing that concerns me is the impulse graph. If I cover a full range (like 20hz to 15KHz or so) the initial 'spike' is more positive. However, if I try to hone in on the tweeters (I picked 2.5Khz to 5Khz in the attached graph images) my initial spike with the speakers hooked 'correctly' to the amp is more negative. If I reverse the leads into the amp the spike is more positive. Both left and right behave like this. Is this a sign I messed up the polarity on the tweeters when I built them? Is there a better way for me to test tweeter polarity (trying to avoid tearing into my speakers unless I need to fix something)? Thank you for any advice you can offer as I am new to speaker testing.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2850&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2851&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Yet another 4PI plans request
Next Topic: SPL rating affected by horn?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:25:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio