Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi build with stands finally realized
Re: 4pi build with stands finally realized [message #94552 is a reply to message #94551] Sun, 03 October 2021 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Roger S. is currently offline  Roger S.
Chancellor
Made some measurements of the woofer before and after crossover. I got less noise when I laid the speakers on the floor. Called the guy who sold the woofers, and he insisted they were originals. He put his pride in this and said he had newer sold drivers with aftermarket recone kits. Made three measurements, with and without crossover on 0,25m, 0,5m and 0,75m distance. Averaged the three measurements for each case. It is smoothed 1/12 and has not got the resolution you get outdoors, but the general shape and location of the dips/peaks are consistent. Standing measurements show more or less the same. It is more useful to show the effect of the xo.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2871&private=0

Took measurements with my turntable going from -45 to +45 degrees, and with 5ms gating to remove most reflections from midrange and up. Horizontal power response looks good to me, and I think this correlates with what one is hearing if listening at distance in a reflective room as mine. There is a problem with flutter echo in my room and I hat to pull down the area from 1,3k to 3k with eq to get it balanced to my taste. This has been the case with almost every speaker I have had in this room.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2872&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SPL rating affected by horn?
Next Topic: 2-way Corner Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:25:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout