Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi build with stands finally realized
Re: 4pi build with stands finally realized [message #94430 is a reply to message #94429] Tue, 14 September 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those speakers look great, and I'll bet your setup sounds great too.

As for the 2226H drivers - you said they were used and asked if they looked like they had original cones - it's really impossible to say. They are dark grey when new, with black surrounds and black adhesive around the dust cap. But depending on how much sunlight exposure they've had, I've seen 'em get nearly white and sometimes sort of brown. They usually just get lighter and lighter grey.

The thing is, I've also seen non-OEM cones that looked nearly original. Some are decent and some are terrible. You just can't know without measuring them. The good news is that even if the cone isn't original, you can always have them re-done with OEM parts and expect them to be 100% good as new.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that measurements prove them to be OEM cones. The place to watch is 500-1000Hz. An OEM cone will measure the same as what you see posted on the website.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SPL rating affected by horn?
Next Topic: 2-way Corner Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:02:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout