Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi build with stands finally realized
Re: 4pi build with stands finally realized [message #94427 is a reply to message #94426] Tue, 14 September 2021 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Roger S. is currently offline  Roger S.
Chancellor
Will try to do a soundcheck today, but work is calling, and I will be away 14 days. You see the rest of my system in the background. The 4pi's will be matched to the 21" subwoofers in the corner. They are Precision Devices PD2150 tuned to 18Hz, driven by a bridged Crown K2. I have used this setup for years now, and its a really fun combo. They are not flanking subs as they are positioned now, but I am going to try that when I come home. I have another K2 used for midbass duty on my former fully active setup, and a Crown Ct-4150. The plan is to run the woofer with the K2, and tweeter with 2 channels from the Ct-4150 as this has 10db better S/N ratio and it sounds really smooth. Proper gain matching between the amps will of course be done.
I have a minidsp Studio as preamp with Dirac. This is connected to minidsp 10x10HD, which will be used as dac for a while. Listening impressions and measurements will be posted when I find the time. The build started three weeks ago, and a lot of hours are spent. I am really looking forward to hear them, but from what I see from the measurements, rewievs and thorough documentation from Wayne, I am pretty confident they sound nice. Small adjustments in tonal balance can easily be done with dsp. Properly integrated drivers and good power response like in the 4pi is what I look for in a speaker. Poor engineering can not be fixed by dsp/room correction as some tend to believe. Tonal balance is easy.
Many thanks to Wayne and other builders for design and inspiration, and I hope this build will inspire others too.
I will be back with more when I have done some testing Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SPL rating affected by horn?
Next Topic: 2-way Corner Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:24:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout