Home » Audio » General » Conductivity calculation for silver interconnect vs Conductivity calculation for Duelutinned copper
Conductivity calculation for silver interconnect vs Conductivity calculation for Duelutinned copper [message #94306] Thu, 26 August 2021 04:36
kasperbergholt is currently offline  kasperbergholt
Baron
Hi all,

I've used Duelund wires for speaker cables for years. A couple of months agso, I had a set of unshielded interconnects made.

These are based on DCA20GA wire terminated with Switchcraft RCA plugs known from Jeff's Place & The Audio Beatnik (amongst others). I can see both speaker wires & interconnects are popular on this forum too.

Next, I'd like to experiment with both a shielded version of the DCA20GA, perhaps with RCA connectors from Audio Note or KLE Innovations - and a set of interconnects based on Duelund Silver wire.

There are three different types: 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. I'm trying to figure out what the three types of wire correspond to in the GA system (i.e. same conductivity & capacitance as the DCA20GA).

The DCA20GA is 1.8mm with and internal diameter of 0.95mm - this wire is made from tinned copper.

Data on the three types of silver wire:

Silver 1.0
Internal foils measures - 2.5mm width by 0.25mm height; External measurements - 3.9mm width by 2mm height

Silver 2.0
Internal foils measures - 4.5mm width by 0.25mm height; External measurements - 5.65mm width by 2mm height

Silver 3.0
Internal foils measures - 4.5mm width by 0.25mm height; External measurements - 5.65mm width by 2mm height

So my question boil down to this: Which of the silver wires corresponds mostly closely to the DCA20GA.

In addition, I'd be very happy for any feedback, experiences og tips.

Thanks in advance,

Kasper Bergholt

Read Message
Previous Topic: We Need More Women
Next Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - JDS Labs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:05:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio