Home » Audio » General » Can you appreciate great sound?
Re: Can you appreciate great sound? [message #94133 is a reply to message #94131] Sat, 31 July 2021 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well. Your on a forum of a website that specializes in DIY loudspeakers. A couple decades ago I built one of the speaker designs from here, though it is now discontinued. Still, having done so, my quest for satisfying sound was quenched. I had built prior speakers that were nice, but didn't deliver the overall sound I wanted. Great bass, high sensitivity and balanced, detailed sound that fills the room and more. I had prior indulged in diy kit building for solid state power and preamp models.

Then I became interested in tube gear. I found a diy kit source where I live locally. And have built several of the offerings from that source that work wonderfully with the Pi speakers I built. I think for all my diy ventures my outlay is under 5 grand. And I feel it would compete quite well with the high priced spread very adequately. I had no prior electrical and just learned woodworking on my own. I even built the shelving cabinet for the gear. It's very satisfying to look and hear the gear I put together. And have great admiration of the people that made this form of audio available to the general public and their fantastic designs. They are wizards.
Give it a try.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message